Immunizations In Washington, DC
Washington, DC Flu Vaccines
Here at Dr. Enelow’s healthcare practice, we provide our patients with all of the standard allergy shots, allergy testing, and immunizations that you need. We keep up with the latest CDC recommendations for immunization of adults and have implemented all of the standard protocols and policies in order to ensure that your vaccine needs are regularly reviewed so that we can remind you when it’s time to get vaccinated.
Of course, we always explain why you should receive the allergy shots and immunizations that we recommend and will address any questions or concerns that you might have. We will even refer you to other providers within the area for vaccines that we may not carry. Our primary concern is the health and well-being of our patients.
Schedule an introductory conversation with our staff, or call 202-728-9630 to get started.
Live In the DC Area? Get Your Immunizations from Dr. Enelow
The following are the immunizations recommended for adults by the CDC:
- Influenza (flu virus)– There are many different strains of the flu, which is why you need to get your flu shots once a year for your entire adult life in order to protect yourself against the more common flu strains that are prevalent every year.
- Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis– Once you are at the adult age of 19, you should substitute a one-time dose of Tdap for a TD booster and then boost with Td every following 10 years.
- Varicella– You only need two doses of varicella over your lifetime.
- HPV(Human Papillomavirus) – Three doses of HPV immunization is only recommended for women between the ages of 19 and 26, while three doses are only recommended to men between the ages of 19 and 21 unless they exhibit risk factors, in which case they should be vaccinated before the age of 26 as well.
- Zoster– A single dose of Zoster vaccine is recommended for adults after the age of 60.
- Measles, mumps and rubella– One or two doses of vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella is recommended for adults between the ages of 19 and 59.
- PCV13 (Prevnar 13®)– Pneumococcal 13-valent conjugate vaccine is typically only recommended if you exhibit any risk factors or once you reach the age of 65 – in either case, only a single dose is necessary.
- PPSV23 (Pneumococcal polysaccharide)– One or two doses of pneumococcal polysaccharide is recommended if you exhibit any risk factors as an adult or once you reach the age of 66.
- Meningococcal– One or more doses is recommended only if you exhibit risk factors.
- Hepatitis A– Two doses are recommended but only if you exhibit risk factors.
- Hepatitis B– Three doses are recommended if you exhibit any risk factors.
- Hib (Haemophilus influenza type b) – One or three doses of Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine is recommended if you exhibit risk factors.
Immunization Research – About Dr. Enelow
Robert S. Enelow is a native of New Orleans. He studied political science at Dartmouth College, graduating in 1980. After returning to New Orleans for his medical degree at Tulane University, he completed his medical internship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. He moved to Washington for his residency at the Washington Hospital Center. As a member of the faculty of Georgetown University, he continues to mentor medical students.
Dr. Enelow has a special interest in vaccines and immunizations, conducting research in numerous vaccination protocols, including influenza, avian flu, plague and anthrax. He has also conducted clinical research in hypertension, high cholesterol and the prevention of heart disease.
What to Expect from Dr. Enelow
- Contacting Dr. Enelow – Call Dr. Enelow at 202-728-9630 or email Dr. Enelow to schedule an appointment.
- Appointment – As one of the top Washington, DC internists, Dr. Enelow will meet with you to discuss and diagnose your medical needs. You’ll never feel rushed or unimportant, and Dr. Enelow takes great pride in providing every single patient the highest-quality of care possible.
- Payment – Dr. Enelow does not charge an annual retainer fee and does not accept insurance. The first comprehensive visit is approximately $800 – $1,100, depending on your visit and medical needs. Most 30-minute visits are $250 – $400.
- Filing Insurance Claims – Our office files all of your claims to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Get Vaccinated In Washington, DC
Getting the proper vaccines provides great benefit to patients in the Washington, DC area. Dr. Enelow has extensive research in immunology and vaccination protocals.
For information about what immunizations you should get, or to schedule your vaccination shots, be sure to schedule an introductory conversation with Dr. Robert S. Enelow today.
Email Dr. EnelowUse the form below to email Dr. Enelow directly!
“Dr Enelow always keeps in touch with me. He returns my phone calls; he answers my e-mails. I never feel like my phone call is an imposition”-Daniel Read More