Washington, DC Laboratory Tests & X-Rays
Although Washington, DC internists work prevent and diagnose illnesses for their patients, extra testing is occasionally needed to identify an illness or condition. Laboratory and x-ray services help internists like Dr. Enelow protect and treat you with the proper care.
Dr. Enelow is an award-winning internist offering laboratory and x-ray services in Washington, DC. If your specialist recommended lab tests, x-rays, or other diagnostic testing.
Schedule an introductory conversation with Dr. Enelow today.
Washington, DC Laboratory Services & Lab Tests
Lab tests, such as blood tests, urine tests, or other types or routine lab tests, can be performed directly at our office located in Dupont Circle. This is because we have a drawing station set up so that you can have lab work performed during your office visit. Some of the lab tests that we provide include the following:
- Blood tests – Blood tests, such as the CBC (complete blood count) test, are often used to detect blood-related diseases and disorders, such as anemia, blood cancers, immune system disorders, infections and clotting problems.
- Flu tests – Flu tests are used to identify whether the patient has been infected with the influenza virus. Known more specifically as the RIDT (rapid influenza diagnostic test), the test can provide results within half an hour.
- Pregnancy tests – Pregnancy tests will confirm whether the patient is pregnant or not. Even if a patient tested pregnant using a home pregnancy test, they should get an official confirmation from their physician.
- Prothrombin time – PT (prothrombin time) tests are used to measure how long it takes for the blood of a patient to clot. They are typically used to test for bleeding problems as well as to see whether the medicine a patient is prescribed to is working effectively to help prevent blood clots.
- Rapid strep tests – Rapid strep tests, also known as an RADT (rapid antigen detection test), is a test used to diagnose the bacterial pharyngitis that is caused by strep throat.
- Throat cultures – Throat cultures are taken as a way to diagnose bacterial infections in the patient’s throat, such as strep throat, meningitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia and whooping cough, to name a few.
- Urinalysis – Urinalysis is a procedure in which the patient’s urine is tested for disorders such as kidney disease, urinary tract infections and diabetes. The test involves the examination of the urine’s appearance, content and concentration.
Be sure to keep in mind that lab services are billed separately from typical doctor appointments. Lab tests will be reviewed by your physician, the results of which will be sent in a written report within four weeks. If an abnormality was spotted in your test by the physician, then you will be contacted immediately.
X-Ray Services in Washington, DC
If you need x-ray services in Washington, DC, call Dr. Enelow’s staff of internists. We have an on-site x-ray machine that allows us to take x-rays of your chest, bones and joints while you are in the office. Our x-ray services makes it easy for your physician to diagnose routine issues as quickly as possible, such as bone fractures or sprains.
About Dr. Enelow
Robert S. Enelow is a native of New Orleans. He studied political science at Dartmouth College, graduating in 1980. After returning to New Orleans for his medical degree at Tulane University, he completed his medical internship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. He moved to Washington for his residency at the Washington Hospital Center.
As a member of the faculty of Georgetown University, he continues to mentor medical students. He has a special interest in vaccines, conducting research in numerous vaccination protocols, including influenza, avian flu, plague and anthrax. He has also conducted clinical research in hypertension, high cholesterol and the prevention of heart disease.
What to Expect from Dr. Enelow
- Contacting Dr. Enelow – Call Dr. Enelow at 202-728-9630 or email Dr. Enelow to schedule an appointment.
- Appointment – As one of the top Washington, DC internists, Dr. Enelow will meet with you to discuss and diagnose your medical needs. You’ll never feel rushed or unimportant, and Dr. Enelow takes great pride in providing every single patient the highest-quality of care possible.
- Payment – Dr. Enelow does not charge an annual retainer fee and does not accept insurance. The first comprehensive visit is approximately $800 – $1,100, depending on your visit and medical needs. Most 30-minute visits are $250 – $400.
- Filing Insurance Claims – Our office files all of your claims to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Schedule an Introductory Conversation
For more information about our lab testing and x-ray services in Washington, DC, be sure to schedule an introductory conversation with Dr. Enelow today.
Email Dr. EnelowUse the form below to email Dr. Enelow directly!
“Dr. E listens to me. He hears me. He never is rushed, he always takes the time to answer all of my questions.”-Julia Read More