Washington, DC, Maryland & Virginia
When it comes to your health, staying ahead of the curve is the best way to prevent early onset of diseases and to maintain a clean bill of health. Many adults struggle to maintain a healthy weight due to the crazy work habits and a busy lifestyle at home.
Dr. Robert S. Enelow specializes in preventative weight management and the early detection and treatment of adult diseases. In fact, Dr. Enelow and his staff can provide you with a personal healthcare wellness plan that can help to prevent weight gain and the early onset of other adult diseases associated with weight issues, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, and more.
Schedule an introductory conversation with Dr. Enelow and his staff today.
The Importance of Weight Management
Weight management is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining a healthy weight (which is typically determined by a number of factors, including age and height) can help prevent the development of numerous diseases. Becoming overweight or obese can put you at a higher risk for developing health issues that could include the following:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Respiratory issues
Obesity is a serious issue, especially in the United States. As of 2010, the CDC (Centers of Disease Control and Prevention) estimated that almost a third of all Americans could be considered obese. Not to mention that maintaining a healthy weight will generally make you feel good about yourself (self confidence is an important part of mental health) and will help keep your energy up.
What Does Weight Management Consist Of?
A holistic weight management program for Washington, DC residents consists of two main things – diet and exercise. Weight management plans differ depending on what your weight is. Someone who is extremely obese will be put on a weight loss plan, whereas someone who is around their ideal weight will be given a different weight management plan.
Regular exercise is an essential part of weight management. Exercise can lower your blood pressure as well as your cholesterol levels, which in turn can help to prevent heart attacks.
Additionally, the more regularly you exercise, the less at risk you are of developing breast cancer or colon cancer. To maintain a healthy weight, it’s suggested that you perform an aerobic exercise of some kind at least three times a week for a duration of at least 20 minutes.
If you are attempting to lose weight, then more exercise may be required. Even going for a short 15- or 20- minute walk in addition to the recommended weekly aerobic exercise can be very beneficial to your health. Other forms of exercise, such as weight training or yoga, are highly recommended as well.
A HEALTHY DIET
Diet plans vary depending on the specific needs of each patient. However, a healthy diet is required if you are to maintain a successful weight management plan. A good diet means staying away from sugars and processed foods and eating a large amount of vegetables and fruits.
What to Expect from Dr. Enelow
- Contacting Dr. Enelow – Call Dr. Enelow at 202-728-9630 or email Dr. Enelow to schedule an appointment.
- Appointment – As one of the top Washington, DC internists, Dr. Enelow will meet with you to discuss and diagnose your medical needs. You’ll never feel rushed or unimportant, and Dr. Enelow takes great pride in providing every single patient the highest-quality of care possible.
- Payment – Dr. Enelow does not charge an annual retainer fee and does not accept insurance. The first comprehensive visit is approximately $800 – $1,100, depending on your visit and medical needs. Most 30-minute visits are $250 – $400.
- Filing Insurance Claims – Our office files all of your claims to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Personalized Weight Management In Washington, DC, Maryland & Virginia
Schedule an Introductory Conversation with Dr. Enelow
A combination of regular exercise and a healthy diet are required to maintain an effective weight management plan. For information about receiving a personal healthcare wellness plan that includes a guide for weight management, be sure to schedule an introductory conversation with Dr. Enelow today.
- Adams Morgan (DC) Weight Management
- Arlington, VA Weight Management
- Bethesda, MD Weight Management
- Chevy Chase, MD Weight Management
- Dupont Circle (DC) Weight Management
- Foggy Bottom (DC) Weight Management
- Georgetown (DC) Weight Management
- Downtown Washington, DC Weight Management
- Northwest Washington, DC Weight Management
- Washington, DC Weight Management
- Woodley Park (DC) Weight Management
Email Dr. EnelowUse the form below to email Dr. Enelow directly!
“Dr Enelow always keeps in touch with me. He returns my phone calls; he answers my e-mails. I never feel like my phone call is an imposition”-Daniel Read More