Physical Exams in Washington, DC
Why Schedule a Physical
A physical exam is important because it allows doctors to check on your overall health and to recommend any preventative measures to reduce the risk of illness. Physical exams usually include:
- Going over health history – You can mention any concerns or complaints about your health that you want the doctor to check into. The doctor will also ask you about your lifestyle behaviors to determine if they have an impact on your current health.
- Checking vital signs – The doctor will check your blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate and temperature to make sure everything is normal.
- Checking physical condition – Several physical exams, including head and neck examp and adbominal exams may be performed.
- Lab testing – Although there are no standard lab tests, some doctors will order tests that include complete blodo count, urinalysis and chemistry panel.
Physical exams can help identify health issues early, which means that treatment will be more effective. They can also help identify potential health issues, allowing you to begin preventative treatments.
When to Schedule a Physical in Washington, DC
There are a number of different situations that call for a physical exam. The following are three times that you should schedule a physical exam:
- Annually – A lot can change within a year when it comes to your health – especially if your lifestyle habits have changed or if your family has a history of illness. By getting a physical exam every year, you ensure that if you do experience a health problem, you’ll have a better chance of catching it in time to treat it effectively.
- Before going to college – Making sure you’re healthy before you go off to college is important. Many colleges require physical exams because doctors will often help educate you about preventative measures – including safe sex measures. Additionally, the doctor will make sure that you’re up to date on all your vaccinations during a physical exam.
- Pre-employment – Many employers require pre-employment physical exams. There are a number of reasons for this. They may want to make sure that you’re fit enough to handle your employment duties (especially if it’s physical labor), while also making sure that you are up to date on vaccinations and won’t put any other employees at risk.
What to Expect from Dr. Enelow
- Contacting Dr. Enelow – Call Dr. Enelow at 202-728-9630 or email Dr. Enelow to schedule an appointment.
- Appointment – As one of the top Washington, DC internists, Dr. Enelow will meet with you to discuss and diagnose your medical needs. You’ll never feel rushed or unimportant, and Dr. Enelow takes great pride in providing every single patient the highest-quality of care possible.
- Payment – Dr. Enelow does not charge an annual retainer fee and does not accept insurance. The first comprehensive visit is approximately $800 – $1,100, depending on your visit and medical needs. Most 30-minute visits are $250 – $400.
- Filing Insurance Claims – Our office files all of your claims to your insurance company for reimbursement.
DOT (Department of Transportation) & Pre-Employment Physicals
Anyone working as a driver or in transportation will need to receive a DOT physical. There are very strict guidelines when it comes to a DOT physical, including vision testing, hearing testing, blood pressure/pulse rate testing, physical ability testing and drug testing.
The DOT pre-employement physical ensures that the individual is healthy enough to drive a vehicle safely on the road.
Even if you’re not working for the Department of Transportation you may need a pre-employment physical in Washington, DC. Call Dr. Enelow to schedule yours today!
Email Dr. Enelow & Schedule Your Physical Today
Dr. Enelow can provide patients with both physical exams and DOT physical exams when they need them. Here at Dr. Enelow’s practice, we focus on long-term relationships, which means we will be familiar with your medical history when you com in for your yearly physical.
If you need a physical exam in Washington, DC, email Dr. Enelow to schedule your appointment today!
Email Dr. EnelowUse the form below to email Dr. Enelow directly!
“Dr Enelow always keeps in touch with me. He returns my phone calls; he answers my e-mails. I never feel like my phone call is an imposition”-Daniel Read More